Manpower Planning – Human Resources Management
Manpower Planning which is also called as Human Resource Planning consists of putting right number of people, right kind of people at the right place, right time, doing the right things for which they are suited for the achievement of goals of the organization. Human Resource Planning has got an important place in the arena of industrialization.
5 days, one week, Sunday to Thursday
3:00 PM to 5:45 PM
By the end of this training program, each participant will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how organizations work, internal processes and constraints, and how to manage change.
- Utilize techniques for forecasting ongoing requirements, and understand how wastage occurs.
- Develop manpower plans, including assessing the costs and benefits of “contracting out”.
- Develop succession plans and associated systems and identify the main sources of Human Resources supply.
Manpower planners, HR Professionals, Personnel staff, anyone who needs to understand the value Manpower planning can make. Others who would benefit are planners, Training managers and anyone in HR who is building a career.
- Introduction to Manpower Planning and Organization
- Definition of Manpower Planning and organization
- Contributions to Manpower Planning and organization
- Reasons for Manpower Planning
- Knowing the goals and plans of the organization
- Forecasting the organizational structure
- Estimating Manpower requirements
- Key elements of the Manpower Plan
- Manpower Planning into Action
- Getting to grips with all the element HR can measure as part of manpower (HRM) planning
- Delivering Manpower supply
- How manpower supply can be enhanced –Recruitment and selection methods
- How to improve development skills and capabilities of new employees and upgrade existing employees
- Performance Appraisal –correctly used –performance tools
- Organization and Manpower Planning
- Organization Design
- Guiding Principles
- Common Mistakes in Organizations
- Organization Culture
- Managing Change
- Developing Successors in your organization
- Succession planning options
- Reasons for alternatives to key role replacement
- Why internal succession?
- Devise and implement an effective succession plan to get the right people in the right position
- Understand the organization’s long-term goals and objectives
- Identify the workforce’s developmental needs
- Determine workforce trends and predictions
- Identify “Profiles of Positive Hires” for Leadership Positions
- Recognize talent from multiple organizational levels early in their careers
- Assess individuals’ readiness to assume possible job openings and compare competency levels
- How to ensure Leadership Continuity
- Prepare individuals for increased leadership and managerial responsibilities
- Communicate key competencies needed for leadership positions presently and in the future